Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Shi Wrap-Up, #cranelife

"Shi structures all space, skeletal structures, a spinal columns." 



It's safe to say that, over the semester, our on-going electracy project has influenced my lifestyle. Specifically, with regards to the contrasting text of our CATTt, Jullien's text has forced me to re-imagine my identity and existence as an artist.  I've always been interested in ancient Chinese poetry, but now, while manifesting myself as an egent for an electracy experiment, I want to think of myself as an Ancient Chinese Poet.  Included in this post is a gallery of filtered and re-filtered selfies, portraying me as a poet in flux, in touch with his brushstrokes. 



Also this semester I got my first tattoo, a crane over my heart.  Though this body art is first and foremost a friendship tat, I'd like to think that Jullien's text--and my aesthetic reaction to it--was a major factor.  What better way to live like a mystic!  



"There is no need to forge a morality of sublimation.  Between joy and fear, there is no need to invent salvation.  It is enough to go along with change, change that is also forever regulation, change that helps to create harmony" 


No comments:

Post a Comment